All those yummy treats that were around when I was growing up seem to be making a comeback lately. These marshmallow krispie treats are one of them. They are great for kiddie’s parties as the kids can’t seem to get enough of them. In actual fact I think it’s the adults that can’t get enough.
- 45g butter
- 300g mini marshmallows (large size will do just fine too)
- 180g Rice Krispies
- Edible glitter or sprinkles (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and cook gently until they are completely melted and blended, stirring constantly.
- Take the pan off the heat and immediately add the cereal, mixing lightly until well coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 32cm x 23cm tin; you may have to put on vinyl CSI gloves and press it down into the corners, as it will be very sticky. My tip to over come this matter is to dip your fingers in a little bit of water and then press down, works really well.
Flatten the top and then scatter over the edible glitter or sprinkles, if so inclined.
Finally let the marshmallow crispy treats cool completely in the tin and then cut them into 24 squares.
****Tip: if you add pink marshmallows, your treats will come out pink, if you add green marshmallows, your treats will come out green……etc.****