Everyone loves getting some form of a food item as a gift and especially something chocolaty. Which makes these “MARSHMALLOW, NOUGAT & HONEYCOMB CHOCOLATE BARS” perfect for a homemade Christmas Gift.
These were so sticky but YUMMY to make and they are just pure sweet heaven in your mouth. I find myself always wanting more after I have had one.
Along with it being easy to make and sweet to taste we are going to package into a great looking Christmas Gift.
I went and bought a fancy looking handbag box which cost me less than R10.00 from Plastilon and inserted some coloured tissue paper and added a bow on top. There are tons of different ways to package so get creative with your boxes.
300g Mini Marshmallows
150g Nougat (2 would be better)
300g Dark/Milk/White Chocolate
1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over a low heat.
2. Add the marshmallows and cook gently until they are completely melted and blended, stirring constantly.
3. Take the pan off the heat and immediately add the Honeycomb and Nougat, mixing lightly until well coated.
4. Press the mixture into a greased tin/lined with baking paper tin.
5. Let the marshmallow, nougat & honeycomb bars cool completely in the tin and then cut them into bars or squares, any shape will do great.
6. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
7. Dip your bars into the chocolate coating them all around. Place on a baking sheet and transfer to the refrigerator and allow to harden.
***Tip: if you decide to use a lined tin with baking paper, like I did, place it in the freezer for a while after the pressed mixture has cooled down, this will make it easier to pull off the baking paper***