Having a husband who loves chocolate and many a friend who goes nuts for Nutella, when I found this recipe on a blog, I knew it would be a winner. Needless to say, the whole cake was devoured within 24 hours. It’s a simple cake, easy to make and even easier to finish.
NUTELLA BUTTER CAKE
(as found on I Want That’s blog)
150g salted butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
1/2 cup milk
3-4 tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 20cm (8 inch) round or 25x11cm (10×4 inch) rectangle loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients except 3 tablespoons of Nutella in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer for approximately 4 minutes until combined and smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture in the prepared tin. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of Nutella over the mixture. Using a wooden skewer or fork, gently swirl the mixture through the batter along the top to get a marble effect. Top with remaining cake batter. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of Nutella on top and repeat the swirling pattern.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool for 5 minutes then turn on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I used double the amount of Nutella than the original recipe. This made the cake very sweet.
- Best served with custard, cream or ice cream but can be eaten on its own.