If you have never had Rocky Road Bars before you have got to try these out. This was the first time I have made them and they are really simple and quick to make. My husband loved them so much he couldn’t stop eating them, so this makes for a PERFECT homemade Christmas Gift.
125g soft butter
300g best-quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
***Tip: Lindt is awesome for this but is expensive so I tried them first with a more reasonable priced chocolate Nestle but you can use Cadbury or even Beacon too***
3 x 15ml tablespoons golden syrup
200g Tennis Biscuits
100g mini marshmallows
***Tip: Mini Marshmallows aren’t always easy to find so using the normal marshmallows are fine too, just cut them up into smaller pieces***
2 teaspoons icing sugar for dusting
1. Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heavy-based saucepan. Scoop out about 125ml of this melted mixture and put to one side.
2. Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. You are aiming for both crumbs and pieces of biscuits.
3. Fold the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows.
4. Tip into a greased baking tin that is lined with baking paper; flatten as best you can with a spatula. Pour the reserved 125ml of melted chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture and smooth the top.
5. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
6. Cut into 24 fingers and dust with icing sugar by pushing it gently through a tea strainer or small sieve.
7. I used a black box this time round, lined with Red tissue paper and white and silver ribbon to tie it all together.